Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New obsession? Not quite.... But close...

Thanks to my beautiful friend McKann, I have now been introduced to this magnificent website. It completely made my day, and I'm sure that it will continue to do so in the future. Take a look. I know you want to. :-)

On another note, I'm missing my brothers quite a bit today. (I also miss my sisters, of course, but I'm used to that.) Who would have thought, right?! David's all grown up now (seriously, we're basically the same height) and running all over the place (literally. He's a cross-country runner.), and Steve is off traveling the world (again, literally. He lives in New Zealand now.). How did this happen? One year ago, we were all living at home, driving each other nuts. Heck, less than a year ago this was happening!

Reasons (more like conversations) why I miss my brothers:
Scenario 1:
April Fools' Day. This year. David yawns.
Me: "Dave, why are you so tired?"
Dave: "Well, last night I needed to put up all of my traps, so I set my alarm for three in the morning, put on all black clothing and my night-vision goggles, and went through the house humming the mission-impossible theme. Now I'm kind of sleepy."
Yes. He really does do things like that. I love him.

Scenario 2:
My parents and Dave are out of town for a few days, the house is being remodeled by random people, and Steve's been gone all day, leaving me alone (without a car) with the strange remodelers. Finally, Steve gets home. I take the keys from him.
Me: "All right, see you in a couple of hours!"
Steve: (Sad look) "What?! I just got home! Why can't we watch a movie or something? Or get some food?!"
Yes. Sometimes, he really did want to spend time with me. I love when he does that.

Strange how you miss things you never thought you'd really miss, right? I even miss getting caught in the cross-fire of Nerf battles and Airsoft wars. Sure, it could be painfully loud and obnoxious, but it was home.
A picture of the three of us on my birthday this year. They were probably fighting over who got to light the candles for a few minutes before mutually agreeing that I got to do it myself because it was my birthday before this picture was taken.

2 comments:

  1. Steve's in New Zealand!? What in the world! That crazy! I love your family Lisa. They make my day!

    ReplyDelete