Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Enjoy it while it's here, the snow's just around the corner...

I love this time of year. It just makes me smile. A lot. Today, I ended up walking about seven miles to and from campus, crunching leaves and singing all the way. It was wonderful. The Logan cemetery and the mountains  that surround me are changing all sorts of brilliant colors. A few weeks ago, I was talking to my older sister as we were enjoying an early autumn up on the mountain of Brianhead. I mentioned that fall and spring are pretty well tied in my heart for the most beautiful times of the year. She thought for a second, and then said: "Isn't that amazing? Birth and death. They're the most beautiful. In Christ's life, His birth and His death were the most beautiful. They represent the two greatest things ever done for us. Isn't Heavenly Father wonderful for giving us a reminder of those every year?" (Her answer was much more eloquent and brilliant, but I sort of got the gist.) It made me think. And it made me love fall even more. :-)

I've been looking up pictures of autumn on the internet today:
All right. This has to be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. can I just walk down that dirt road forever?

Isn't it just magical? I feel like it's a bridge to some incredible place... It also reminds me very much of the Sacred Grove, which is, indeed, an incredible place.

While there are very few pictures of the adventures I've had with my father, This picture reminds me very much of a drive he took me on last year. On our way up the mountain, he took a turn on a dirt road and we took the spectacularly scenic route. It looked very much like this.



I'll bet Boulder Mountain looks like this in the fall. Sadly, I've never been there this time of year. Though I'd very much like to. Maybe someday!

Can you imagine just curling up under that tree with a good book?! I know I can. Mmmm...

Only in my dreams...




2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful thought...And those are my two favorite times of year as well! Love you Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa! This is so beautiful. Thank you for your sweet spirit, dear.

    ReplyDelete