Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Because... I'm feeling inspired.

I've already mentioned this, but I am now a huge fan of justlittlethings.net. Seriously. For the past week, I've been trying to notice the things that make me smile every time. Maybe the thought of some will make you smile, too:
1.Walking outside and feeling the first raindrop fall on your head.
2. When a random stranger smiles back.
3. Sticky notes.
4. Hamburgers.
5. Finally figuring out a tricky harmony line.
6. Harmonizing.
7. Christmas count-down chains in October.
8. The prospect of going home.
9. People that open the door for others.
10. Clean socks.
11. Letter/emails from missionaries.
12. Having a good friend tell you he's put his papers in/started said papers/gotten his call.
13.Getting stuck in traffic on an already long car ride and having it be okay because you really can talk to the person you're with for eight hours straight.
14. People you really can talk to for eight hours straight, and then another six hours three days later.
15. Hot chocolate on a beautiful fall day after freezing your butt off outside.
16. Cleaning out pumpkins.
17. Christmas music.
18. Nightmare Before Christmas music.
19. Just good music.
20. Crunching leaves.
21. Free food.
22. Random acts of gentle-manliness.
23. Spinning hugs.
24. Doing dishes with a friend.
25. Helping someone smile. :-)
26. Having pictures of people you love smiling at you in your room.





What makes you happy? How often do you think about it? It's been interesting actively thinking about what it is that causes my smile...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I haven't commented because I was miffed you didn't tell me you had a blog (are we not SISTERS??) and I wasn't sure you wanted me to find it... but I'm a stalker. MuahahaHA.

    So, I agree with you on almost everything... But not on number 1. I HATE feeling that first raindrop because I never know if it's raining or if I got pooped on by a passing pigeon. After I get hit by 5 or so raindrops, then I'm happy.

    Hamburger, YES, but only if they're Mom's.

    And socks gross me out--clean or not. They make my tactile defensiveness flare like nobody's business. (but socks aren't as bad as shoelaces... *shudder*)

    ReplyDelete