Sunday, April 17, 2011

If Music be the food of Love, play on.

I have decided to skip the day about my parents. Honestly? They're amazing. I love them. And you'll probably hear much more than they'd care for you to know on this blog, anyway. Moving on to Day 5: A song to match your mood.

Normally, this would be a challenge. But this week, I've pretty much been listening to the same song. Because I could not find a video of this song no matter how hard I tried, I just put it on my playlist! It's "I Love the Lord" performed by BYU Singers to the tune of Be Still My Soul. Honestly? It's been an amazingly difficult week for me. I owe my survival of it to this song. It's the only song I've played in my car, and it has been amazing. In the mornings, when I'm driving to school, I turn it way up. Then the "Awake my soul" part happens, and it just gives me chills. I'm sorry, I don't know how to convey my feelings about this song. It just makes me feel the Spirit. I love it so much. It's given me strength to make it through the days.

When I write letters to my missionaries, I add an S.P.S.(Scriptural Post Script) Today I added this to the end of a letter to my cousin:
Alma 26:12:
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

With His help, I know I can make it through anything. It won't be easy, but I know I'll do it. Somehow.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. So much. I don't know how to convey to you how awe-inspiring your blog is!

    ReplyDelete